Friday on the Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday on the Lake

Went out about 5 miles on Erie and did not mark much - not worth wetting a line. Lake was almost flat with 3mph variable wind. Good time to open her up and blow the cobwebs out. I can do about 40mph.

You gotta fish from shore.

Comment

There was a estimated 1,000 lb Sturgeon caught off the Canadian shore. It was estimated 100 yearsw old +. They did not take it out of the water - took 12 guy to support it. It was released.
      Google it and you will see a photo of it.

Comment

If it was from Ontario then they aren’t allowed to take it out of the water and are illegal to keep. I’ve seen some nice ones up there.

Comment

Here it is
          11 foot long, 1000 pound sturgeon, caught and released in Kanora Ontario. : pics (reddit.com)

Comment

I was on the Lake Wed, 9/29 and the water temp is dropped 10 deg to 67.5. Soon will be steelhead close in to shore.

Comment

Steelhead and the trout with the salmon are all making their ways in. I’m already seeing pics of people pulling them in. So they should be in the creeks.

Comment

Talked to a Charter Captain yesterday and they got walleye limit and a couple steelhead. I came in as it was rolling 3' to 4' fotters again, third day in a row. temp down to 64. Some pics you may get an idea of the waves.
                Too rough to hold camera steady. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0851.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	782230 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0843.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	433.1 KB
ID:	782231

Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-07-2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

How about this for a Lake Erie Walleye - 28" Is that kid happy or what. Look at those rods bend. Fish ON. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3622.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	774.1 KB
ID:	782264

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad