Best of All Worlds Gear: Rods/Reels/Line etc [questions]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dewman View Post
    I only anymore(except fly fishing) use a medium or medium/light action 6' or 6-1/2' spinning rod/reel combo. Have 2 spools for each that I can quick change between 6lb or 12lb. Now I do have longer heavy action rods with 20lb for catfish and 5-1/2' to 6-1/2' ultralights with 4lb as well for crickets and trout powerbait but seldom pick them up anymore. I have Shimano, Lewis, Quantum, Garcia, and Pflueger reels. Like them all.
    I have heard of people have more than one reel set up, but never seen someone actually use it. Maybe I just fish lazily or something haha. My two "normal" rods are lined with 10 lb braid, and the Ugly Stik cat rod is lined with 20 or something similar. These two set ups seem to get the job done. But I know there are some fish who can be rather finiky about seeing the line, so I wanted a rod that allows for both lighter and heavier line depending on what I am doing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Tgif
      by fitch270
      Too bad this didn’t take off Friday night, I’d hoped others would post up stuff they like as well. Happens often on another forum. Thing is once you...
      Today, 06:29 PM
    • Tgif
      by fitch270
      03-05-2021, 06:36 PM
    • Who gives a crap about the Royal Family?
      by labrador12
      The British Monarchy isn't in any way an issue that interests me. I feel that the zillion dollars the Brits invest into their Royalty isn't an American...
      Today, 06:05 PM
    • Reply to Tgif
      by fitch270
      CD2 explained it to me over on OL, this site is basically the same but the “buttons” aren’t in quite the same locations.

When you’re...
      Today, 06:20 PM
    • Reply to Tgif
      by fitch270

This may be more you’re style FB, Ms. Underwood again...
      Today, 06:08 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X