Lake Erie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Erie

Today, October 7, waves on Lake Erie running 12'. Not a good day on the Lake.

I was on the lake in Dec. several years ago layout shooting for ducks with 6’ waves, I can not imagine 12’ waves !!

Comment

12’ foot waves are a good size for Erie but I hear they get bigger.
      Doesnt sound like the steelhead run is doing any good. Hear it’s low waters and need rain to bring them up.

Comment

Not an issue for me. I've only got close to it a couple of times, Cleveland and Detroit business trips. Probably never see it again.

Comment

I've seen Lake Michigan (Chicago) and Lake Erie (somewhere in Ohio) from the seat of a semi. Not much interest in seeing more.
          No disrespect to the sportfishing and recreation, I'm just not interested.

I've been on 8' seas on Chiniak Bay (open to the Pacific) trolling for salmon.
          It was a wild ride, but well worth the effort. We caught a full limit (12) of chinook salmon in the 30 to 40 pound range and seventeen silvers in about an hour and a half.

Comment

You ought to come up and go out on a head boat for walleye. best fishing ever. Google Port Clinton, Ohio to start.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              You ought to come up and go out on a head boat for walleye. best fishing ever. Google Port Clinton, Ohio to start.
              You know, that could be a fun adventure! What's the best time of year for it?

Comment

I wanna go back to Kodiak! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

You know, that could be a fun adventure! What's the best time of year for it?
                  Probably June if weather is normal. google port clinton, ohio and they have all the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
                    12’ foot waves are a good size for Erie but I hear they get bigger.
                    Doesnt sound like the steelhead run is doing any good. Hear it’s low waters and need rain to bring them up.
                    I have heard there have been 28' to 30' waves.

Comment

I have heard there have been 28' to 30' waves.
                      That's not a wave. That's a tsunami! LOL!

Comment

A friend has his 38' boat docked in the Western portion of the Lake. When the wind comes from the West it piles up the water in the Eastern end of the Lake. Marina's are noted for not being too deep and he has found his boat sitting on the bottom when such West winds blow.

Comment

Lake Erie is dead! The scientific consensus is in. Its extinct and there is nothing anybody can do about it. It is as sure as global warming and climate change, one dead LAKE. SCIENCE

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17010.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	754750 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16978.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	754751 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16978.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	754751
                            Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                            lake erie is dead! The scientific consensus is in. Its extinct and there is nothing anybody can do about it. It is as sure as global warming and climate change, one dead lake. Science

not quite

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17010.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	754750

Comment

Dude, I'm giving you the scientific consensus! Just because reality differs from the expert opinion its not my fault! The same experts the Democrats are calling on today were spectacularly wrong about the lake. Experts, whom the Democrats want to turn everyday life over to, are very often totally wrong. Yahoo News to the contrary!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad