• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zebco Omega 33 Help

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3472.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	744185Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3468.JPG Views:	0 Size:	927.3 KB ID:	744183Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3471.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.26 MB ID:	744179Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3470.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	744178Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3469.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	744180Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3465.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	744181Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3466.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	744182 Picked up this reel and don't know much about it. The problem is the two pins that pick up the line do not spring out. They do move free but I don't see what pushes them out when you start to reel in. Any ideas what might be wrong ?

Plus a pic of winter project paddle s.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 09-04-2020, 12:20 PM.

jhjimbo- I recently recovered my Father's Zebco 600, (Made in USA), that had been shuffled back into the saddle house for probably 20 years. One of the parts was beyond repair due to rotted rubber, so I e-mailed Zebco, and this is what I got back. Described the reel and part to the Docter, and I have one on the way expecting it today, or tomorrow.

We no longer have parts for this reel. You may contact "The Reel Doctor" at 928-213-0489. He has older Zebco parts.

One other possible source I know of is:

Deans Reel Deals
    FATC Member
    Text-407-312-8915
    E: [email protected]

Not sure if the Reel Doctor has the ability to receive pictures, I just gave him a model number and described the part. Really knowledgeable guy on that particular Zebco reel.
    Hope some of this helps.
    ​​​​​​​crm

Comment

jhjimbo- Just looked at the picture of the pick up pins a little closer, looks like there is dirt and grit that may be keeping the pins from functioning. I would try some Birchwood Casey gun scrubber or brake cleaner first, give them a good scrubbing/wash down, and then either some Kano-Kroil or WD-40 to see if they would loosen up. You might also try disengaging the wire springs that make the pins move out, and gently spreading them a very slight bit. Everything in the internal gear box looks functional, but probably could stand a good dose of the Birchwood Casey and an air blow, then re-lube with fresh lightweight reel grease.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
        jhjimbo- Just looked at the picture of the pick up pins a little closer, looks like there is dirt and grit that may be keeping the pins from functioning. I would try some Birchwood Casey gun scrubber or brake cleaner first, give them a good scrubbing/wash down, and then either some Kano-Kroil or WD-40 to see if they would loosen up. You might also try disengaging the wire springs that make the pins move out, and gently spreading them a very slight bit. Everything in the internal gear box looks functional, but probably could stand a good dose of the Birchwood Casey and an air blow, then re-lube with fresh lightweight reel grease.
        they move in and out freely. After the Holiday I will call those names you gave and see what I can learn. Thanks.

Comment

Name:	20200904_192559.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	744259
          Just be sure the pickup pin arms ride on the outside of the shoulder.
          I've got a Zebco Omega, I just haven't had it apart

Comment

It is all fixed and I should receive it soon. It was missing a part.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0626.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	755775 I got the Zebco Omega 33 back from the Reel Doctor and he did an amazing job. But, ran into another problem I have to call him about. I am putting it on the Zebco 4 section pack rod. Very light action. It seems the reel seat is a little too long for the front dog to completely tighten down on the reel front leg. I have to see about getting or making a longer one The dog is some kind of polymer, the bracket on the reel is metal (made in u.s.) so not real heavy duty - I figure it to be a good crappie or trout rod.
              Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-15-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad