Berkley Glow Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkley Glow Stick

Picked up a Shimano reel for my Berkley Glow Stick. I will try this out in the Adirondacks when we fish for Bullheads. I can set this up with a Catfish rig and be able to watch it. . Also, it will make a good Walleye rod for night fishing. I have several walleye rods and also a rod for my downrigger. The downrigger Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0550.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	738575Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0552.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	738576Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0551.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	881.5 KB
ID:	738577Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0549.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	738578 is used in another month when the thermocline goes deeper. I don't like trolling but sometimes that is the only way you can get them.

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Picked up a Shimano reel for my Berkley Glow Stick. I will try this out in the Adirondacks when we fish for Bullheads. I can set this up with a Catfish rig and be able to watch it. . Also, it will make a good Walleye rod for night fishing. I have several walleye rods and also a rod for my downrigger. The downrigger Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0550.JPG Views:	9 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	738575Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0552.JPG Views:	6 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	738576Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0551.JPG Views:	6 Size:	881.5 KB ID:	738577Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0549.JPG Views:	6 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	738578 is used in another month when the thermocline goes deeper. I don't like trolling but sometimes that is the only way you can get them.
    How often do you fish for bullheads in the Adirondacks?

Comment

It is more of an extemporaneous thing. Warm summer night, cold beer, Coleman lantern and we could be there. We also do a night Kayak/Canoe float of about 20 miles and sometime along the way stop to wet a line.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        It is more of an extemporaneous thing. Warm summer night, cold beer, Coleman lantern and we could be there. We also do a night Kayak/Canoe float of about 20 miles and sometime along the way stop to wet a line.
        I have a camp on panther lake that I bullhead fish from in the spring.

Have you fished Erie yet?

Comment

I have hunted the Redfield area and fished Pulaski. Family has cabin on Black Lake.
          State just re-did the fishing access at Cleveland. We could never get in there as it is too shallow and full of shoals. Must be shore fishing only. The pier at Sylvan Beach was good fishing.
          I was with my Fathercoming down the road by Cleveland in the Spring time in a '57 Ford and hit black ice. We did a complete 360deg and kept on going like nothing happened. My Father was a Semi truck driver but don't know if that made a difference. Just lucky. My Father acted like it was nothing.

Comment

One time we were traveling to Brewerton with another boat, a 36' Cris craft Constellation. The wind and 5' waves were right out of the West. In Oneida every 7th wave was a big one. I had my Kodak and when the other boat hit the 7th I got a pic of the sun coming right under their boat.

Comment

I got the $19 Shimano R2000 for my glow stick. Just put on Stren 10lb, nothing fancy. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0587.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	740073Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0590.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	973.4 KB
ID:	740074

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad