X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invasive Northern Snakehead.

Has anyone caught one of these?

https://news.yahoo.com/catch-one-kil...012317136.html

I haven't. Always heard they were super aggressive though. I think I remember Pennsylvania or Virginia poisoning whole water systems trying to get rid of them.

Comment

Never have and hope I don’t ever get one unless I drive to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
        I haven't. Always heard they were super aggressive though. I think I remember Pennsylvania or Virginia poisoning whole water systems trying to get rid of them.
        Where did you hear this.
        Dont think they would do that.

Comment

Since the early 2000's they've been known to be aggressive, with the giant snakehead willing to attack people.

Regarding poisoning: Sorry had the states mixed up. It was Maryland and New York that poisoned ponds or lakes in a connected system. You can check that against the wiki article and news searches. I think some states may have tried draining areas before they realized how well their primitive lungs worked

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
            Since the early 2000's they've been known to be aggressive, with the giant snakehead willing to attack people.

Regarding poisoning: Sorry had the states mixed up. It was Maryland and New York that poisoned ponds or lakes in a connected system. You can check that against the wiki article and news searches. I think some states may have tried draining areas before they realized how well their primitive lungs worked
            You are right about Maryland. They are in the Potomac River drainage around the eastern Maryland and Eastern Virginia areas. The headwaters of the Potomac is in West Virginia, I hope they don't make it up this far in the drainage.

Comment

I have read they are on Long Island and have worked their way upstate.

Comment

Made it threw a couple dams cause of them not being monitored. This virus helped since the people where not allowed to go to work so they are on the move. Now they entered my state hope they dont get out of control.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wildebeest rug
                  by Happy Myles
                  Many fine eating animals are found in Africa, including Springbuck. Gerenuk is among my favorites along with Lesser kudu. As a matter of fact, all the...
                  Today, 01:51 PM
                • Wildebeest rug
                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                  My daughter put in the request for wildebeest hide for my safari last year. Her man wasn't particularly crazy about it so I brought it home last week....
                  06-04-2020, 07:59 PM
                • Reply to Jackbooted Thugs
                  by Buckshott00
                  "at what point is it quenched?"
                  When it turns to looting and burning. No one is questioning that BHR. What I'm asking you to realize...
                  Today, 01:35 PM
                • Jackbooted Thugs
                  by Buckshott00
                  I know tensions are high. I know there's a curfew in effect, but...

If you fire (even pepper / paintball rounds) at someone on their porch...
                  06-01-2020, 02:37 AM
                • Reply to Jackbooted Thugs
                  by Buckshott00
                  We can agree on all those things or none of them. The beauty of love our country is that even if you accept the current Pres. anyone can still disagree...
                  Today, 01:27 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X