Disease from fish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post

Not sure if you do. Just hear a lot of people saying not to wet wade cause their getting sick from it. I think if any infection doesn’t get treated and you let it go. You can lose limbs.
    I always use waders, thats usually when i'm duck hunting. I don't do much trout fishing so I am usually bash fishing from a bank.

Comment

I always like to go out a few miles to swim where you don't see the trash from shore. Jump in the water for a dip right off the boat. The places to be aware would be the stagnant backwater where things can breed. I heard a case where a person picked up some kind of worm parasite from a small pond and it went through their nose and it bored right into his brain.
      https://www.webmd.com/brain/brain-eating-amoeba#1
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 04-18-2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Obstruction Question !
        by bowhunter75richard
        Is anyone else being bothered with the ‘page 1of 1 (or such) and filter, being brought down into the comment section and not remaining in it’s upper...
        Today, 10:41 AM
      • Reply to Obstruction Question !
        by bowhunter75richard
        A rather perplexing issue isn’t SL ? After awhile you will start getting really heated up about it !! I kind of thought things were going along a...
        Today, 06:43 PM
      • Sealed Drags vs Cork
        by buckhunter
        Not sure I like the recent trend of sealed drags in fly reels. IMO nothing beats a quality cork drag. Quality cork is hard to find and sealed drags...
        Yesterday, 10:16 PM
      • Reply to Sealed Drags vs Cork
        by Solitario Lupo
        So many names for reels out you almost had me clueless on this but I understand that you like the cork washers for drags instead of a rubber washers....
        Today, 06:20 PM
      • Peripheral Vision
        by bowhunter75richard
        we all know that most wild life have amazing peripheral vision. But, how about we humans ? How do most of you equate your side vision when on stand or...
        Today, 07:39 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X