Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you guys think about noodling? have you ever gone? or do you think its wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys think about noodling? have you ever gone? or do you think its wrong?

what do you guys think about noodling? have you ever gone? or do you think its wrong?

I think its crazy and if you want to do it?

KNOCK YOUR SELF OUT!

Comment

Not a thing... If your are a man or woman of intrigue and adventure I highly recommend it. I, on the other hand don't like to stick my valuable appendages into a hole where a cotton mouth, snapping turtle, alligator or something else that would take great offense at the intrusion might be napping! Another case of "Hay ya'll, watch this...!

Comment

i have never done it , no cat fish in my neck of the woods but would like to give it a whirl . i see nothing wrong with it till ya run in to a big ole snapper , it is fishing at its most primitive level

Comment

its all fun and games until someone looses a limb never done it and i never plan on it too risky for me but i dont see anything wrong with it

Comment

I know some crazy guys who do it. I have never done it myself and I am not planning on doing it any time soon. I think it is completely fine to do it though.

Comment

It is the ultimate "Man vs. Animal". I don't see anything wrong with it because it is very one on one and the angler definitely has the disadvantage because he doesn't know what he's reaching for!

But there is no way I am ever going to try that. Too crazy.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with it--I heard it's illegal in some places but I can't understand why. I haven't tried it--not sure if i really want to.

Comment

I don't noodle but my brother has, he is a little crazy, a typical German irish southern boy, he went and caught two cats.

Comment

not for me but have at it if its your thing i hate water snakes and my luck thats what i would find

Comment

I've tried it a few times when I lived at the confluence of the Muskingun and Ohio (Land of the Megabucks). Wrestled some good size cats, some not so big either. Freaked out every time about the very good possibility of muskrat teeth or snapping turtle bill waiting in there. Haven't done it in a while. Might try again if it tickles my fancy. You never know what will.

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with it. But not something I'd do, dont know what'l bite ya.

Comment

I am too fond of having ALL my fingers, (Have other uses for them)

Comment

It's been banned in Missouri since fisheries biologist have found it is detrimental to the catfish population due to enormous loss of eggs and fingerling's destroyed.

Comment

I saw a tv show about it and this guy was saying he had been pulled under several times and a couple times didn't know if he was coming back up! You couldn't pay me enough to do it but if you got the gills for it go for it...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad