Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best bait to catch Channel cats on a trotline.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryce wood
    replied
    Bluegill. Hook it through the mouth and out the gill then go through the back. hooks em every time.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• flathead catfish
    replied
    i use cut up suckers and it works well for channels , flatheads and, blue cats.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    I would say to use either chicken or turkey livers... either that or gut some chad and hold on because if you put either one of those three on, they will be biting.

Leave a comment:

• fisherman1016
    replied
    live bait

Leave a comment:

• codymeyer11
    replied
    buy chicken livers and put minnow in them and use them

Leave a comment:

• codymeyer11
    replied
    stinky stuff

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Roadkill!!

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Roadkill!!

Leave a comment:

• catfishclark10
    replied
    I usually use live bait. Baby carp or crawdads work good. Caught sum big channel and flathead.

Leave a comment:

• jamesti
    replied
    get your wife's old panty hose, cut a piece about 6inches squared or just the toe out. put chicken or turkey liver in the middle, wrap it at the top and tie it off. this let's the smell and blood out into the water and it will last for a couple days. just run the hook right through the middle. make sure they are the throw away panty hose! i made that mistake once.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    I like using live shad or skipjack the best. Its typically easy to get with a cast net on the river. Cut bait is fine too.

Leave a comment:

• silsbyj
    replied
    I have had a lot of luck with live bluegill and something stinky with lines on the Neosho. Alternate hooks with the two baits and you should catch something.

Leave a comment:

• bomberpride
    replied
    Stink

Leave a comment:

• sayerbefiddlin
    replied
    shad or shinners but I cant wait to try beefheart thanks dwaynez

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad