Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of ya'll do any bowfishing? I go several times a year and put the hurtin' on some spotted gar, carp and buffalo. It's a b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of ya'll do any bowfishing? I go several times a year and put the hurtin' on some spotted gar, carp and buffalo. It's a b

Do any of ya'll do any bowfishing? I go several times a year and put the hurtin' on some spotted gar, carp and buffalo. It's a blast and a great way to sharpen your skills for bow season.

i have shot a few gar and carp with my bow but i would not say that i am a bowfisherman. i was visiting a family member down south and we werew going bow hunting that week. he sugested that i try bowfishing. not really my thing.

Comment

I would like to try it. there is a river running through town just a couple miles from where i live, and there are plenty of carp in it.

Comment

No I have never done it, but I would like to try. Can you give me some tips?

Comment

i love to bowfish. i def. agree it keeps you nice and sharp for archery season to. the only fish we are allowed to bowfish for in montana is carp so that's what i go after.

Comment

My brother-in-law loves bowfishing......I like to get more tips on that and I'm certain he could get me some pointer of one or two!!!!!!!!

Comment

i just got into bowfishin and i love it i dont bowhunt but i enjoy bowfishin.

Comment

I do it occassionally and always have fun. Last month, I hit the Missouri in South Dakota for grass carp and white amur. They run about 25 pounds on average and go over 40 pounds... lots of fun and great archery practice. You get used to aiming and shooting fast and accurately.

Comment

I have done bowfishing the last couple years, and actually spent all day yesterday shooting carp, it's a blast! I recommend it to any one who likes to bow hunt

Comment

I have never seen anyone do it until last week when this older guy came down to the river where I fish. He was right below an old dam and within a few minutes was dragging in about a 30lb asian carp. I had to drop what I was doing and go check it out, looked pretty fun.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hey Folks
                      by fitch270
                      And choke tubes!...
                      Today, 10:48 PM
                    • Hey Folks
                      by jhjimbo
                      Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
                      Yesterday, 11:12 AM
                    • Reply to Hey Folks
                      by fitch270
                      Reloading? Have you heard there’s a primer shortage?...
                      Today, 10:47 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Folks
                      by fitch270
                      Actually the old style reel mowers are fairly popular with the granola crowd around here. If you have a small yard they do make sense and as a bonus you...
                      Today, 10:45 PM
                    • Reply to As Bad As It Gets
                      by 99explorer
                      There I was, sitting at the bar staring at my drink,when a large trouble-making biker steps up next to me, grabs my drink and gulps it down in one swig....
                      Today, 10:30 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X