Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for a good all around fishing pole mostly walleyes. I have a limit of about 100 dollars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fenwick pro for walleyes medium-light gives you a nice feel for the soft bite. add a quantum spinning reel and youve got some smoothe fishing.

Comment

Man uglystiks are great I've used'em for bass walleye crappie bluegill and perch and it was only 40$.

Comment

a lot of guys are saying you don't need a very good rod, but if you plan on doing a lot of jigging for walleyes, you would be amazed at how much a better graphite, more sensitive rod helps. anyway, st. croix makes great rods and they have a new line out called "triumph" thats like 79 bucks or something.

Comment

Gander Mountain Guide Series rods are also great for the price.

Comment

Go for an Ugly Stik, those things will last you for a life time and will not only provide you for a life long fishing rod but also you will be able to pass a rod like that down to your' grandchildren and such. Those rods are made to last.

Comment

THE THING IS IN MOST CASES A SIMPLE SPINCAST ROD & REEL WILL DO FOR JUST ABOUT ANY WALLEYE FISHING.BOTH MEDIUM DUTY. I'VE BEEN FISHING 30 SOME ODD YEARS AND HAVE NEVER SPENT MORE THAN $40.00 ON A COMBO ROD AND REEL. AND I HAVE CAUGHT JUST AS MANY OR MORE WALLEYES AS BUDDYS WITH $200.00 SET UPS.WHAT I WOULD SUGGEST IS BUYING TWO COMBOS ONE MEDIUM DUTY, AND ONE ULTRA LIGHT FOR DIFFERENT TYPES OF WALLEYE FISHING. WITH TWO DIFFERENT TEST LINES 6LB ON THE ULTRA LIGHT, AND 12LB ON THE MEDIUM.YOU CAN PICK UP AND RIG BOTH FOR UNDER $100.00.

Comment

Go to BassPro or Cabela's online or check your local sporting goods store. They usually sell a spinning rod and reel combo in your price range. Shimano, Diawa, or even the store brand are fine to start with.

http://walleyeguy.looncreekdesigns.com

Comment

I go with Ugly Stick Shakespeare!!!

Comment

I use the ugly stick with Shimano spirex reels. I have 2 of them and they work great. The spirex has the quickfire trigger which is nice but i have had a bunch of instances this spring that i wish i had an antirevers reel. The spirex returns to vertical every time. It is the smoothest reel I have ever held.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad