Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for a good all around fishing pole mostly walleyes. I have a limit of about 100 dollars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a good all around fishing pole mostly walleyes. I have a limit of about 100 dollars?

I am looking for a good all around fishing pole mostly walleyes. I have a limit of about 100 dollars?

any suggetions on reels too.

Comment

Michel avochet reel, and a cableas European Zander rod spooled with 6 pound test.

Comment

If you are from the east and/or access to a Gander Mountain they have rods specific to the fish. I have thier steelhead rod and use it for catfish king salmon carp walleye bass and use to use it for steelhead but use a fly rod now. Anyhow, it is around forty dollars and has a two year warranty. Hope this helps a little.

Comment

i like ugly stick.

Comment

You wont need to spend $100 on a decent rod. If you are like me you will be more than satisfied with a 6' medium action ugly stik lite from walmart. Its also sold else where if you don't patronize walmart. At Walmart it runs for about $40.

Comment

I agree with beagleboy. I have been using UglyStik rods for a long time now and have never been let down. I even use the $30-$40 reels that are hanging right below the rods at my local WM and have no problems. Last year I hooked a large sturgeon below a local dam using my 6' medium US with a Trantula reel, #6 Stren and a #6 Eagle Claw hook. I had him on for about 10 minutes until the hook straightened out. Even though we can't keep 'em here, it would have been nice to get some pics.

Comment

i just bought a baitcasting reel and rod for about 125$
                heres the link
                rod
                http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_44528_100002006_100000000_100002000_100-2-6
                reel
                http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_90570_100001001_100000000_100001000_100-1-1

Comment

sorry this reel
                  http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_90570_100001001_100000000_100001000_100-1-1

Comment

I would go with a medium to medium heavy action ugly stick. They are not the most sensetive rods but they sure are durable. As far as reels go I have always been a fan of Quantums either a 30 or 40 series dependeing on what rod you buy.

Comment

Like Alex, I like the European zander rods. Also a fast action ugly stick is hard to beat.
                      Reel: I love the Quantum Energy PTI or the Daiwa Black Gold.

Comment

I use Ugly Stick med action for lake fish. If you want more sensitivity get the two piece. I get mine from Bass Pro for $30 and they have 7 year warranty.

Comment

Yeah, the two piece ugly stick is a great buy with a reel for about forty bucks- and a seven year warranty to boot.

Comment

Ugly stick is a good option for a nice rod only, but you can get a killer combo for under $100 also. Check out the Pflueger President/Cabela's Tourney Trail IM7 Spinning Combo. Pflueger is by far one of the highest quality reels on the market- perfect for walleye anglers, and Cabela's rods are very underrated.

Comment

If it was me personally I would use a phlueger rod and reel combo you can find these at Cabelas stores or Cabelas catalogs

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad