Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few guys and I are looking to go ice fishing on Rainy Lake, Lake Vermilion or Red Lake sometime this winter. We haven't decided where we would like to go. All about equal distance for all of us. Would like to hear some opinions on each of the lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few guys and I are looking to go ice fishing on Rainy Lake, Lake Vermilion or Red Lake sometime this winter. We haven't decided where we would like to go. All about equal distance for all of us. Would like to hear some opinions on each of the lakes

A few guys and I are looking to go ice fishing on Rainy Lake, Lake Vermilion or Red Lake sometime this winter. We haven't decided where we would like to go. All about equal distance for all of us. Would like to hear some opinions on each of the lakes if you have them.

It all depends on what kind of fish you are going for. From what lakes you mentioned it sounds like walleyes. I live here in Minnesota so I know of some nice lakes, but it depends on what you are going for. But if you mind is set on one of those lakes, I would go to Lake Vermilion. My aunt and uncle own a resort that you guys could probably stay at. But how many people are going with you. They have cabins that fit 4 people, and cabins that can fit up to 12. Here is there website http://vrcovacation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Griffthebiggamehunter View Post
      It all depends on what kind of fish you are going for. From what lakes you mentioned it sounds like walleyes. I live here in Minnesota so I know of some nice lakes, but it depends on what you are going for. But if you mind is set on one of those lakes, I would go to Lake Vermilion. My aunt and uncle own a resort that you guys could probably stay at. But how many people are going with you. They have cabins that fit 4 people, and cabins that can fit up to 12. Here is there website http://vrcovacation.com/
      Yes, I should have specified. Mainly targeting walleyes. Would also like to chase some northerns through the ice as well

Comment

Originally posted by Griffthebiggamehunter View Post
        well Vermilion is a great place for northens to

Comment

When do you plan on going?

Red Lake can be AMAZING early in the ice fishing season but can get tough later in the year. If you can go in December then Red is tough to beat. If you can't go until later in January or February I'm not sure its worth the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by MNFisher View Post
            When do you plan on going?

Red Lake can be AMAZING early in the ice fishing season but can get tough later in the year. If you can go in December then Red is tough to beat. If you can't go until later in January or February I'm not sure its worth the crowds.
            Looking sometime in January or February. Right now either 2nd or 3rd weeekend in January or second to last in febrauary. That part is still up in the air

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad