Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even though it's still cold everywhere, (We're getting flurries in GA today) I wanted to know what your favorite bait for catfis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For stank I use Shad sides that have been covered in salt. When I run lines I use live bluegill and have always had good luck.

Comment

i like both ill usally take a mix and then try and test both see wich is more productive and go from there. If im using stinky im using liver or worms in garlic butter. if im using live im using either pieces of sunnies or a frog on a heavy split shot and if none of them work im using hot dogs or bread

Comment

I love fishin for cats, I usually use nightcrawlers but for stink bait, DOCS, it's a stinkbait they make in Iowa, it's the only stinkbait ive baught and has worked. Turkey liver works good, ive noticed it stays on the hook better. Otherwise try making your own stink or bloodbait, thats what im going to focus on trying this year.

Comment

For Channels and Blues I use fresh shad,I normally catch it with a cast net and use it as fresh as I can, if I can't catch them I will use frozen shad.

Stinkbaits and dipbaits work really well for channel cats, I make my own stinkbait and dipbait and it does the trick for good eater size channels.

Beef Liver, Beef Heart, Shrimp, work for channels and blues as well.

For Flatheads I use only live bait, large fresh perch (bream).

Comment

Chicken livers or stink bait is what I used!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad