Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the worst place you have been hooked while fishing? self inflicted or by someone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the worst place you have been hooked while fishing? self inflicted or by someone else

what is the worst place you have been hooked while fishing? self inflicted or by someone else

i got bored when i was younger and had about 15ft of line out in front of me so i yanked. it flew behind me so i yanked again. this time the rapala original floater sunk its trebal hooks right in the top of my head. my dad had to cut the hooks off to get it out.

Comment

Allow me to quote myself from Cermele's earlier blog on this... "Make it two times, for got this story, Fishing for Muskie in Canada, middle of no where camp on a lake, we are riding in a boat. We get lazy and just end up throwing lures on top of our boxes (Muskie lures,Pounders, cowgirls ect.) well, with my luck, we hit a submerged log in our boat going about 30, and guess where I fall. Yep, Right on to all of those lures, hooked 36 times, 2 just caught in the coat, the rest in my back and forearms, and we then spent the rest of the day pulling 4x hooks out of my back, man, I was so sore at the end of that week, and right as we get back to the good old U.S.A. we get to go and make sure my tetanus shots are updated."

AP

Comment

i don't do much fishing but my friend was fishing and he got a treble hook stuck through the whole entire webbing between his thumb and index finger. hold out your hand and feel the webbing between ur thumb and index finger. when he got hooked, it wasn't just the skin that got hooked. the hook stabbed through some meat too. it's disgusting and they went to a hospital to get it taken out i believe. just sick. i'm not even sure how it happened.

Comment

Right between the shoulder blades, couldn't get to it...

Comment

today i picked up my pole and got one of the hooks on the treble hook stuck in my finger. i couldn't get it out cause the barb was in there really good. my mom freaked out but i was laughin. she took me to the urgent care and the nurses were laughin. the doctor came in the room and looked at me like i was crazy. then sat there and stared at. ended up bein easy to take out. soaked my thumb for bout 15 minutes then yanked it out with some plyers. if i new it was that easy i would have done it myself and saved 50 dollars.

Comment

I laughed when I read this, it was a few years ago I was fishing with my cousin, we been on the lake mabe 5 mintues and he gets a little bass on and then brings it up to the boat. He trying to unhook the bass then the bass flops around and gets the treble hook deep into my cousin thumb. I was able to get the bass off but not him. So here we are loading the boat back up with my cousin having a fishing lure hanging from his thumb!!! I took him into the ER(which was about 30 mile drive) and told the doctors what happen. Then I told the doc don't worry about the thumb just worry about the bait cause its mine!!

Comment

I was standing on a dock as a kid when the dog went running past me and my fishing pole (laying on the dock), and the lure flew up into my leg. Not such a bad spot, but hurt none the less. My dad and grandpa went to pull it out with a pliers and ended up burying it in my dad's thumb to the bone.

Comment

When I was a kid and first attempted flyfishing I wrapped my line around my neck a couple times and sunk the hook into my neck past the barbs. We were hours from the nearest town, on the Upper Selway, so my Dad and Uncle had to perform surgery there in the woods with their pocket knifes, they seemed to be enjoying the situation.........

Comment

In the back of my neck with a 3 oz spoon...

Comment

The worst to get out was one up under my finger nail. I was throwing out trot lines and my dog got caught on a hook and jumped over a 15 foot bank, pulling one of the hooks into my finger... a circus ensued; ultimately I was able to remove the one from the dog but I had to go to the doc to get mine removed. Another memorable experience was when a buddy hit about a 30 pound salmon while trolling. The fish tangled in about six other trolling lines as it ran causing a monofilament rat's nest to form on the line with about six nice sharp treble hooks exposed. I tried to clip the tangle out with a nail clipper so he could land his fish but the fish bolted pulling the rats nest right through both of my hands. Multiple treble hooks penetrated both hands and nailed them together with several of the big treble hooks going completely through my hands and fingers. We were way off shore so my buddy helped me push them all through and we clipped the points off and removed them one by one. It came out pretty good but my buddy's dad who was driving the boat threw up when he saw the carnage.

Comment

my feinds dad thats the huntin cop told me a guy got one in the ear and had to go to the hosbitle

Comment

Seen people be hooked in the eye and in the ear.

Comment

back of the head with rattle trap, not a fun experience at all.

Comment

The eye, definetly

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Another New Upper
                                by jhjimbo
                                What kind of powder was your friend using and didn't he ever clean it ?...
                                Today, 01:16 PM
                              • Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                                Today, 12:54 PM
                              • Reply to Another New Upper
                                by FirstBubba
                                Smooth lookin' AR D'Man!
                                Let us know how it shoots. 😃!
                                Today, 01:12 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have the mad canadian blocked, all I know is he should get an apt. with a Psychiatrist.
                                He should get a life, shooting geese and pheasant do not...
                                Today, 01:11 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X