Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am going Ice-Fishing with a guide for the first time in a couple weeks. Should we tip him after the trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes you do.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Tip him well!!!

Leave a comment:

• jreed54
    replied
    Definitely tip the guide!

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    yes even if he tries and you dont catch anything

Leave a comment:

• t_holinka
    replied
    It would be like not tipping a waitress, as long as you had a good time.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    if you tip the girl at Denny's for bringing you coffee then you should definitly tip an Ice Fishing guide.

The guy can't gaurentee that you will catch fish but he can insure that you have a great trip and that's what you tip him/her for.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I always did. Amount depending on how hard he worked.

Leave a comment:

• driggs5454
    replied
    yes but remember you are not tipping based on the trip itself but the service. If I went out fishing with a guide and didn't catch a single fish, I would still tip if the guide tried to put me on some fish.

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    Yes I believe the option for a tip is there. I use to guide, but I never expected a tip automatically....I agree, amount depends on the guides effort. I think to many people in jobs that rely on tips today expect it automatically and that shouldn't be the case. You are already paying for a service, food, or whatever; the tip is for how well you are treated.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Pernice the fly rod winner
    replied
    Yea, and I agree amount depends on how hard the guide worked to keep you satisfied.

Leave a comment:

• gossy42
    replied
    Absolutly. The amount will depend on how you were treated and how the guide worked to get you on fish.

Leave a comment:

• peter
    replied
    yes

Leave a comment:

• I am going Ice-Fishing with a guide for the first time in a couple weeks. Should we tip him after the trip?

I am going Ice-Fishing with a guide for the first time in a couple weeks. Should we tip him after the trip?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad