Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went trout fishing again and talked to some people who fish there also. I guess there is a local 50+ inch musky there so if yo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matouse3
    replied
    I would try something, better bring the right gear though.

Leave a comment:

• BuckTheSystem
    replied
    Be ready for a delicate fight. With no leader you don't stand much of a chance. I hooked a muskie on a small mouth rig (small rattle trap w/ 10lb line). I was able to get him all the way up to the boat, but broke my line when I tried to horse him into the net. I paniced and lost my cool, and lost my fish.

Leave a comment:

• kyle
    replied
    If you are trout fishing you wont be able to fight a muskie. Also if you are able to spot the muskie most likely he is not interested at feeding at the time. Lot of times when I'm crapppie fishing I have these huge 50+ inch muskies right around my boat then I throw the muskie baits out nothing!! When I do not see them before hand thats when I catch them! Thats the way it goes for me, if somebody can tell some pointers when I do see a muskie around my boat what can I do to make then strike???

Leave a comment:

• huntcamp
    replied
    I would have to try something, but it is hard to make them bite when you want them to. He got 50 inches for a reason. I literally put a worm in front of a 40+ inch musky for 10 minutes and nothing. He was sitting under a bridge and would not move.

Leave a comment:

• I went trout fishing again and talked to some people who fish there also. I guess there is a local 50+ inch musky there so if yo

I went trout fishing again and talked to some people who fish there also. I guess there is a local 50+ inch musky there so if you saw him would you tie on a spinner or something and try to fool him into biting.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad