Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since we're going to be getting into the hot days of summer coming up shortly, I was just wondering what is everyone's lure choi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since we're going to be getting into the hot days of summer coming up shortly, I was just wondering what is everyone's lure choi

Since we're going to be getting into the hot days of summer coming up shortly, I was just wondering what is everyone's lure choice? Typically, I try to fish early or late to avoid the heat of the day, but just curious to see everyone else's advice.

I like the early morning fish.

Comment

I'll fish a little deeper, and more shade

Comment

Cover or vegitation

Comment

I fish deeper the hotter it gets. On points, or I will fish the deep edges next to weed beds.

Comment

I like to fish the weed beds when it gets hot. it seems that some of the bass like to go there to get some shade. then i will drop a plastic into the deeper areas to make the bass think they are getting a feeding oppertunity. that of i like to send my rapala dt series in bluegill down to about 16 feet.

Comment

Rapala F7

Comment

My favorite thing to do in a hot summer day when the fishing is slow is find a open area where you don't plan to fish and just wade in or be more daring and just jump in.

Comment

Don't roast yourself. Just wait until the night and cast big Jitterbugs in the shallows.

Comment

Hot days of summer?!?!?! HAHAHAHA it's still cold as balls up in ND!!!!

Nate

Comment

Love summer top water action on pike and bass

Comment

It's time to fish buzzbaits and the Jitterbugs late and early. Froggies and Senkos under the lily pads and docks as the sun gets higher and then deep diving cranks or swimbaits on the weedlines when the sun is high. The night bite starts to get really good under summer full moons with big topwaters and spinnerbaits.
                        yeah summer!

Comment

I like to be on the lake before sunup, I fish with the floating Rapala most of the time, in a few days I will have the pics of my recent outing on large mouth bass, boy did I kill the big ones, still failed to get a 2 footer, but came close 22 1/2 incher. Anyways the morning I use a rapala then when it warms up I get into the weeds and rip a buzz bait through.

Comment

I like to toss jigs into the deeper parts that have vegetation cover.

Comment

Well I mainly fish for walleye and when the dog days of summer come the walleye go down. That's usually when I take out the deep diving Rapala. I try to present the plug in front of their faces and get them to chase and bite. Walleye can be very sluggish in the summer months, just got to entice them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad