Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the weirdest thing you have caught or snagged while fishing? My friend caught a mussel on a spinnerbait one time. We had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the weirdest thing you have caught or snagged while fishing? My friend caught a mussel on a spinnerbait one time. We had

What is the weirdest thing you have caught or snagged while fishing? My friend caught a mussel on a spinnerbait one time. We had to pry its shell open to get the bait back.

My cousin caught a fishing pole, This is no joke!!!

Comment

I havnt cought anything really wierd but I cought this catfish that was all cut up and was missing a fin on its side.

Comment

I caught a tangle of fishing line with a 24" Striper on the end, and i got a good lure out of the deal. Let the bass go, he's probably a nice one by now.

Comment

i cought a summered phone line once when i was a teen fishing with my father .it had been snagged by some one else who lost a large rapala on the line next to where i snagged on it as well ,we could see the silver of the other lure flashing every now and again as i tried to play this( monster fish )in to the boat . well we got quite a surprise to find out what was really going on down there when i finally got it up the boat to find no fish at all . but i did at least get a lure and a lot of laughs out of the deal.

Comment

Reeled in a tire for a bit once. Luckily the water was shallow enough that I could tell what was on and was able to adjust and lose the tire rather than reeling that thing all the way in.

Comment

I used to be a surf fisherman, yea, call me crazy, but my dad's last gift from his mom before she died was a new surf rod he had wanted for a long time, and when he got it he and I immediately went out to use it. He had two rods, the gift and one of his old favorites, he ties on a sinker and a strip of squid to one (Gift from mom) and flings it out in the surf and puts the rod in a sand spike, and walks down the beach to pitch a lure with the other one. The rod in the sand spike gets a monsterous strike, and goes flying into the surf. Of course, my dad is heart broken, it was the last gift he had gotten from his mom before she died, we left, and the next day he went fishing with a friend to "talk", well, his friend snagged something, and when he pulled it up, it was his rod, the friend's lure had snagged one of the guides, and when he picked it up he had a small striper on the line, which he released as a gift for not running off too far.

AP

Comment

Caught a Large clam once

Comment

While fishing for catfish I snagged on something and pulled up a yard rake... Funny thing, my wife wanted me to mow the lawn before I went fishing. Never under estimate the power of a woman...

Comment

While trout fishing in a good sized creek, a friend of mine pulled in a thermostat for a water furnace... she snagged the wire with a spinner.. million to one

Comment

I was night fishing at Walbourne Resivour in Malboro, Ohio. We were using small poppers to catch bass and crappies in a small cove. On one of the casts I happened to notice that my line made no sound as it hit the water. I felt a tiny tug on the pole and gave it a quick jerk. As I reeled it in I had noticed that it was very small and fight almost as if it were flying in the air at times, but that wasn't possible because we could hear small splashes every now and then. Here when I finally got it to shore I had reeled in a small bat.

Comment

It was opening of lobster season about 1:00am. Perfectly legal, but pitch dark, I was struggling around in a rock hole focused on a big lobster when pain shot through my right buttock. I scruntched back banging my scuba tank on the rocks to discover I had hooked myself myself on a a lure attached to a line. Managed to cut the line and get to the surface. You find who your friends are when you have a hook in your butt.

Comment

Snagged a water snake when I was a kid - Dad cut it loose before it got into shore. My mom is deathly afraid of snakes (ophidiophobia) and would have freaked if she saw it hanging from my pole.

Another time a seagull grabbed my Zara Spook and played tug of was with me for awhile - not sure how it didn't get snagged in the trebles. Then it came back for more. Had to switch from the topwater plugs.

Comment

Snagged two minnows on a single hook lure 2 casts in a row. Two clams, a sand turtle and a seagull.

Comment

well me and my friend once bought a crawdad trap, well we set it and tied it to shore. needless to say it was a terrible knot(iv learned my knots since then) and it came un-done and got washed away when the water got high. bout a week later i go snagged on a tree. i yanked, and my hook caught a green line. well i didnt care so i jumped into the water and pulled out our trap! then i hooked a catfish, broke the line and caught the same catfish later to get my hook back. then one time we caught an old ugly stik rod.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad