Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

were renting a vacation house on Neals Pond on the vermont/new hampshire border. what kind of fish should i expect to be able to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were renting a vacation house on Neals Pond on the vermont/new hampshire border. what kind of fish should i expect to be able to

were renting a vacation house on Neals Pond on the vermont/new hampshire border. what kind of fish should i expect to be able to catch? even if you didnt fish hear what about the area in general if it helps its a very large pond i guess its 185 acres

Walleye, Largemouth Bass, Buffalo Carp, rainbows, and native brown trout.
    Go to www.fishermanresource.com/states/vermont/Neal-Pond-Gilman.php

Comment

Pickerel too. Brookies are sometimes a possibility near the inlet and outlet.

Comment

ok thanks. any tips for bait? are walleyes and pickeral caught on the same lures as bass? and what do i use to catch carp?

Comment

If you use a tube jig, you will probably catch everything in it. Wacky worms work great up there too.

Can't go wrong with a minnow plug either.

Use a Jitterbug at night.

Comment

Standard lures for bass-jig, worms, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, lipless cranks or rattle traps,maybe some stickbaits.
            Don't fish for walleye or pickerel, but I know walleyes will hit bass lures. Try crankbaits, spoons, jerkbaits and get a planer board if you're going to troll for them.
            Doughballs work on carp and catfish.
            Live bait will work when they aren't hitting artificials! Shiners, shad, minnows, etc.
            www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/fish_species_profiles.htm#Walleye

Comment

Agreed with Kkeltic and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad