Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will be heading north to Eagle Lake (Ontario) this Spring at the end of May for a fishing trip. I was wondering what tactic wo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electricfb
    replied

Good time of the year for big walleyes ,depends if they have a late spring again.Try running to Merdian Bay.Fish the new weeds-depths 7 to 13 foot colors blue,parrot,white .For me Merdian bay has always been good year around also big pike and musky.depending where your staying it is a run but worth it

Leave a comment:

• archer88
    replied
    try a lindy rig and depending on the water an erie dearie is always good for something different!

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied
    You can catch both pike and walleye on jigs, the hard part is taking the time to figure out what color combination works best. I would also try shallow and deep diving Rapalas and cast some spoons for the pike by the reeds. Don't be afraid to try some radical color combinations, sometimes it takes yellow and pink to gain a fish's attention whereas you and I would think that a more conservative black and green presentation would work best.

Leave a comment:

• dukerjj
    replied
    try a chartreuse, white, or orange jig and spinning tail with a road runner spinners they work well the whole year

Leave a comment:

• I will be heading north to Eagle Lake (Ontario) this Spring at the end of May for a fishing trip. I was wondering what tactic wo

I will be heading north to Eagle Lake (Ontario) this Spring at the end of May for a fishing trip. I was wondering what tactic would work best for fishing Walleye and Pike at this time of the year.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad