Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would be the best gear, as far as lures and bait go, for catching carp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would be the best gear, as far as lures and bait go, for catching carp?

what would be the best gear, as far as lures and bait go, for catching carp?

There was another thread on this, look a few pages back.

Comment

I prefer to use spinning tackle with a 8ft rod med/heavy action for carp fishing. I like the spinning rod due to the fact you can load it up with lighter line, carp make a pretty good run so the extra line will come in handy. Also with the lighter line you will have to use your drag and play the fish for a while.

Hope this helps a bit

Comment

Doughballs spiked with a touch of vanilla or canned corn work weel enough for me. A few people can catch them flyfishing, but I've never figured it out.

Comment

canned corn

Comment

Dynamite!

Comment

Smelly dough bait, nightcrawlers, spinners, rapalas, flies. I've seen carp hit all of these. A lot of people around here bow- hunt carp.

Comment

The best bait is anything that will attach to a hook, at least where I live. The best gear is anything that you throw in the water to fish for something worth keeping.

Comment

Ask, him, he's always all-in! Haha

No, simply make dough balls and use strawberry scents, or purchase power bait.

Comment

I like a mid size baitholder hook baited with corn, a 1/4 to 1/2 ounce bell sinker 1 to 1.5 feet above the hook (weight based on current and fishing depth) then chum the area with more corn. Set several rods out in rod holders and wait. This is a great way for kids to catch big fish.

Comment

I caugt a 10 ponder with bought balls.

Comment

Put two or three kernals of sweet corn on a small hook and you will be good to go!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad