Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it ain't chartreuse it ain't no use... What say you fisher guys and gals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it ain't chartreuse it ain't no use... What say you fisher guys and gals?

If it ain't chartreuse it ain't no use... What say you fisher guys and gals?

Exactly true. Once my dad had a silver minnow with a chartreuse back and he was catching bass like crazy. I was using the almost the same minnow but different color and was not catching a thing. I bought the same minnow he had (Rapala original floating) and was catching them like crazy on the next trip!

Comment

I've had lot's of luck with white as well.
      Still LOVE that charteuse though.

Comment

Yes, chartreuse is my favorite go to color. A close second would be black and silver.

Comment

Put a black jig head with a chartreuse body- dynamite.

Comment

it is the best color for shure that i have ever used and i really produceses the fish.

Comment

well i havnt really used much of that color. im getting into using crankbaits but havnt had time to try them out. i think ill get some plastics in this color if they are this good.

Comment

Great color. Very versatile. Slays all kinds of fish. Panfish, pike, 30+ pound salmon, etc.

Comment

Well, there's always chartreuse and white, also chartreuse and blue . . . seriously, I use pretty much only two other colors for spinnerbaits: black, and black and red. I like brown and green or black and purple for a jig and pig and motor oil red metal flake for worms and lizards. As for saltwater, we loaded the boat dragging a hot pink diving plug trolling for kings and little tunny last weekend. Go figure.

Comment

Chartreuse ain't bad, but I have had more luck on motor oil with red flake, but that's for walleyes.

Comment

I like yellow, and flourescent green myself. Charteuse ain't bad though

Comment

To be honest I've never had as much luck with artificial bait as I have with live bait, but from my experience charteuse is the best.

Comment

Beekeeper,

Maybe you folks from Northern GA. can fish chartruese with your clear water but us Northern boys fishing in the muddy waters need something a little darker at times.

Comment

Never had much luck with chartruese.

Comment

I like the pumpkin chartruese. Seems to work pretty good

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad