Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I took my Dad fishing last friday (5-29-09) we did unbelievably well.I caught five bass that over 20 inches, as soon as I can fi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took my Dad fishing last friday (5-29-09) we did unbelievably well.I caught five bass that over 20 inches, as soon as I can fi

I took my Dad fishing last friday (5-29-09) we did unbelievably well.I caught five bass that over 20 inches, as soon as I can figure out how to get the pictures from my phone to here I will. He had a 12 inch bass on that bit a Rapala then a 38 inch northern hit that bass and hook himself to the bait too!! We were able to land both of them. The first time that I ever seen something like that happen!! What a sight. I know this lake has monster northers 20-25 pounds plus. The next time I'm on this lake I want to try to get one of the grandpas. I was thinking of using a plain old red and white spoon. Is this a good good bait for monster northerns?

live suckers on a quick strike rig, big spoons, monster zoom flukes all will work.

Comment

Red and White (Daredevil) is a classic for northerns. I would also try some larger spinners (Mepps 5 and larger). You may not get much action, but when you do, it should be big.

Comment

Historically they are very successful.

Comment

Don't see why it wouldn't work... caught a bunch with that when I go visit family up north.

Comment

Agreed with FloridaHunter1226 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How much is too much?
              by FirstBubba
              That's about as good an answer as there is, redangus.
              When I worked in a sporting goods store and a customer asked me the "best caliber"...
              Today, 10:12 PM
            • How much is too much?
              by FirstBubba
              There is no doubt that a .30-06 Spgfld is more than adequate to actually slay a whitetail.

A lot of newbies come here and ask, "What...
              Today, 09:40 AM
            • Reply to How much is too much?
              by jhjimbo
              If the friend shot through a tree he must have had a full metal jacket solid. My BIL and I shot at a tree and he went through and my 30-30 penetrated...
              Today, 10:10 PM
            • Reply to More Bad News....
              by jhjimbo
              Wishing you get some reassuring news from the Vet. Be with her all you can and keep the faith. Will pray for you all. Jim
              Today, 10:02 PM
            • More Bad News....
              by WA Mtnhunter
              My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
              07-19-2020, 12:00 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X