Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Berkley gulp rubber baits any good???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Berkley gulp rubber baits any good???

Are the Berkley gulp rubber baits any good???

I've had a lot of success with these. I usually use a 7 inch "turtle" worm.

Comment

I as well have had tremendous success. I always keep the gulp minnows, worms, etc. on my boat just in case the bait shop is not open or is out of what I want. They are a very good alternative to the real thing.

Comment

Forgot to mention, the only bad thing about them is the price; pretty expensive in my opinion.

Comment

My 7 year old and I have very good luck with the natural colored maggots. Bluegill just love 'em.

Comment

I have used them with some success. I find that they are stiffer than a lot of other plastic baits or maybe I just have ended up with stale or old packages. Most of the lakes I fish in MN are so weedy I don't fish a lot of rubber baits except for Senkos. I mostly use them as trailers on spinnerbaits and buzzbaits where the scent doesn't make much difference. If you are using them like bait I do think they are better than traditional plastics. Lots of my buddys that fish walleye swear by them.

Comment

They are kind of tough and fishy tasting but you could survive on them if times were really bad.

Comment

My friends and I started using them and we have had a lot of success. I think they are only tough if you ever leave the bag open, so try to seal it good. We normally use minnows, or minnow grubs. Hope this helps.

Comment

i use some lizards by berkly and i really like them. they seem to have a good scent to them and they work really good.

Comment

The best. Would hit the water without them.

Comment

Unbelievable. I would avoid the jars of them since they leak all over the place, you have to stick your hand in the soup, and they tend to let the jigs dry out a bit. Stick with the bags, or transfer to your own zip locs.

Comment

Agreed with teufelhunden and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad