Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have never ice fished untill this last weekend, i was wodndering if yall could give some pointers...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deaddiver
    replied
    Always be concentreted becuz they don't give you a second chance and take a strip of old carpet or anything to get your feet off the ice it you don't have a shanty

Leave a comment:

• Sportsman Matt
    replied
    Look for holes drilled and frozen over, many times I've hit a good spot that someone had luck at before, and all that you need to do is chip away the skim layer or couple inches of ice. Saves from drilling more holes. Also don't be afraid to walk over and ask questions to the other guys out on the ice.

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    Use to do it in the past, just don't have time for it now. Agree with technique given above, find some shanty to stay warm too.

Leave a comment:

• dukerjj
    replied
    let it to the bottom then jig the come up a little then jig

Leave a comment:

• fishing fanatic14
    replied
    probably the best way to go about it is to drop your lure untill it hits the bottom then reel it up maby a foot then jig for a minute or so and reel it up another couple of feet and repeat if no fish you may want to move

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I've read in F&S that if you drop peices of egg shell down your hole it will attract fish to your location. I tried it a few times and caught fish. Not sure if that was the reason but it didn't hurt.

Leave a comment:

• i have never ice fished untill this last weekend, i was wodndering if yall could give some pointers...?

i have never ice fished untill this last weekend, i was wodndering if yall could give some pointers...?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to There goes my deer season
    by rock rat
    No fires in the unit I was going to hunt, just bad conditions and part of the same National Forest as all the fires.

I am hunting a unit...
    Today, 08:47 PM
  • There goes my deer season
    by rock rat
    Not that it much matters, not that much meat on a deer anyway, but walk and stalk mule deer hunting is for fun not meat. Whole unit canceled due to the...
    Yesterday, 09:38 PM
  • Reply to Rest Easy
    by crm3006
    From Danbo: "Some of the cases that SCOTUS will hear next month. No 2A cases yet but I expect that to change."

We can only pray...
    Today, 08:31 PM
  • Rest Easy
    by jhjimbo
    Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
    Yesterday, 08:55 PM
  • Reply to More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
    by rock rat
    Maybe you all don't understand how the legal process works. If someone isn't breaking any laws then we leave them alone here in the US. Just how things...
    Today, 08:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X