Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have never ice fished untill this last weekend, i was wodndering if yall could give some pointers...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have never ice fished untill this last weekend, i was wodndering if yall could give some pointers...?

i have never ice fished untill this last weekend, i was wodndering if yall could give some pointers...?

I've read in F&S that if you drop peices of egg shell down your hole it will attract fish to your location. I tried it a few times and caught fish. Not sure if that was the reason but it didn't hurt.

Comment

probably the best way to go about it is to drop your lure untill it hits the bottom then reel it up maby a foot then jig for a minute or so and reel it up another couple of feet and repeat if no fish you may want to move

Comment

let it to the bottom then jig the come up a little then jig

Comment

Use to do it in the past, just don't have time for it now. Agree with technique given above, find some shanty to stay warm too.

Comment

Look for holes drilled and frozen over, many times I've hit a good spot that someone had luck at before, and all that you need to do is chip away the skim layer or couple inches of ice. Saves from drilling more holes. Also don't be afraid to walk over and ask questions to the other guys out on the ice.

Comment

Always be concentreted becuz they don't give you a second chance and take a strip of old carpet or anything to get your feet off the ice it you don't have a shanty

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Ponder This
                by bowhunter75richard
                As far as the chinks are concerned, the US has put itself into a very dangerous position with it’s association with that POS country. I would not trust...
                Yesterday, 11:21 PM
              • Ponder This
                by jhjimbo
                From Tucker Carlson TV
                The ONLY Chinese Government Biological Warfare research lab is in Wuhan, China.
                Yesterday, 10:06 PM
              • Reply to Five Senators
                by bowhunter75richard
                Since the entire impeachment scam is a total accumulation of supposition and innuendoes by the dimwits, the R’s senators are able to also give their...
                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
              • Five Senators
                by jhjimbo
                The game plan of the DEMS is to get the 5 Senators who are up for election in Nov, to break with the Conservatives and join the DEMS in voting for impeachment....
                Yesterday, 12:27 PM
              • Reply to Ponder This
                by 99explorer
                Jimbo - You forgot to provide the link.
                Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X