Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can see small crappie just a few feet in front of me. I see people all ages catching them in front of me. People say they us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see small crappie just a few feet in front of me. I see people all ages catching them in front of me. People say they us

I can see small crappie just a few feet in front of me. I see people all ages catching them in front of me. People say they use bread with a bubble, so I try that, and it dosn't work! I'm using 4 pound test on a light action rod, and before using a bucktail jig. What should I use?

live minnows under a bobber.

Comment

Forget the bucktail, get live minnows.

Comment

What is the best fish I can catch using a bucktail jig, 4 pound test, and a light action rod, or ugly stick?

Comment

Minnows are the best choice. And to answer your second question, that particular setup is designed for panfish. Crappie and bream(bluegill). However you can catch bass and other fish on it. It is not particularly the best choice for that setup but it can work.

Comment

Down here in Ark. I'm using an "ugly stick lite" with 6lb line with minnows for crappie's.
            Good luck and good fishing.

Comment

i would use eather max worms or i would use corn.

Comment

grub worms under a bobber. ive caught almose all of em like that.

Comment

try a white curly tail grub with a spinner bait harness.

Comment

Agreed with pascal and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by PigHunter
                      I understand the reason someone would pick the heavier bullets. However, heavier bullets cause greater recoil and will affect recovery time and may result...
                      Today, 02:16 PM
                    • Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by jhjimbo
                      Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                      Today, 12:21 PM
                    • Reply to 300 yard .22lr
                      by fitch270
                      I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
                      Today, 01:40 PM
                    • 300 yard .22lr
                      by jhjimbo
                      Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
                      Today, 11:28 AM
                    • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by jhjimbo
                      I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
                      Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X