Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to catch small, finicky crappie in clear water (I can see to the bottom in about 8 feet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way to catch small, finicky crappie in clear water (I can see to the bottom in about 8 feet)

What's the best way to catch small, finicky crappie in clear water (I can see to the bottom in about 8 feet)

Attatch a clear casting bubble to your line about 4 feet up, tie on a small worm hook. Use a piece of nightcrawler on the hook, no weight, let it sink natural. Works great for me in heavy fished water. You can also attatch casting bubbles that the line goes through the middle of between beads and thread so easily adjust bait depth.

Comment

put rice in a brown bag and tie twine around to seal. lower bag into water and let it sit. then jerk up the end of the twine.the bag will explode and the swolen rice will make it seem like there are lots of maggots in the area. then drop a maggot on a hook and pray.

Comment

DO NOT LET THEM SEE YOU. For starters, then use as small a minnow as possile. Casting from at least 10 ft. away with a sml. bobber/cork.
        Good luck and good fishing.

Comment

Use the clear casting bubble with light line and a small hook. Hook a minnow through both lips and use no weight so he can swim freely. Toss it out and sit very still. Wear camo or dark colored cloths. This works well for bass too.

Comment

Agreed with idahooutdoors and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad