Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ice fishing for thanksgiving?

Anybody ice fishing for thanksgiving?

I might have a chance to get on the hardwater over the 5 day weekend. I'm focused on deer though so we'll have to see if it works out.

Comment

I will be hunting, but if the weather stays cold it will only be a matter of time...

Comment

Ohio gun season opens Monday, Dec 2 and it is expected to be in the 40's.

Comment

I'm in North Central Montana right now, just 20 miles from the border. No water around here hard enough to fish on! And back home in Northern Ontario few people are crazy enough to try ice fishing until after Christmas.

Comment

Last year on Nov 22 I believe it was, I went deer hunting in the morning and ice fishing in the afternoon. 4" of ice on our walleye/perch lake. That same ice was gone a week later and didn't come back solid til after Christmas but it was fun to get that one day in..

Comment

Not in my state. Lower Midwest doesn't freeze enough to ice fish, dangit. I hope to go home (the Rockies) over the Christmas break when my kids are out of school and dip a line through the hard water! Meanwhile, I'll be deer and duck hunting.

Comment

The water isn't hard enough and I don't think that the water is any harder in Maine where I'm going this weekend. It's raining hard here and in the 60s.
                Seth

Comment

I unfortuantely am now living in South Carolina. the only ice fishing i will be here is fishing beer out of the cooler

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad