Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a new reel for muskie fishing and throwing heavier baits. Abu Garcia revo toro NaCl or the Shimano Curado 300 EJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a new reel for muskie fishing and throwing heavier baits. Abu Garcia revo toro NaCl or the Shimano Curado 300 EJ?

Time for a new reel for muskie fishing and throwing heavier baits. Abu Garcia revo toro NaCl or the Shimano Curado 300 EJ?

I would go with the Abu Garcia. I'm biased towards them though since that is all I use is Abu Garcia reels.

Comment

I don't fish specifically for muskie. If I catch one it is on the same rig I use for walleye. I am not familure with those two reels.

Comment

The Abu has a choice of gear ratios, 6.4:1 or 5.4:1 and two sizes of reel --- the NaCl50 and the NaCl60 where as the Shimano has 6.9:1 with only one size. I personally like to shoot for the higher gear ratios as long as I have a long power handle. I also like the line cap of 250 yards on the Abu NaCl60 over the 190 yards on the Shimano 300ej. Both seem to be good reels and both companies stand behind their products well. But bottom line, I would recommend the Abu NaCl60 in 6.4:1 gearing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad