Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your favorite type of fish to eat and how do you prepare it.Ill post mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your favorite type of fish to eat and how do you prepare it.Ill post mine.

Whats your favorite type of fish to eat and how do you prepare it.Ill post mine.

Mine would have to be either pike pan fried with a little salt, pepper,lemon, and breadcrumbs or perch over an open fire with salt and pepper.

Comment

Salmon covered in brown sugar and then grilled

Comment

Marinated Cajun catfish, pan-fried in olive oil.

Comment

perch

Comment

Speckled trout.

www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Trout-Meuniere-Old-Style-242929

Comment

Perch, crappie, bass, catfish all battered with cornmeal and flour and deep fried. Trout baked with lemon, butter and dill.

Comment

A look to the left. Stripped Bass fun to catch, big tough fighter, lemon, butter, broil and that's it.
                PS; In salt water even a little fish is a big fish.

Comment

I have a tie. Favorite fish has to be Ahi(yellow fin) Tuna & Salmon

Tuna- seasoned with black pepper and coriander seed then seared rare with balsamic reduction

Salmon- Soo many ways to prepare salmon but my favorite has to be sugar glazed(50percent sugar then the other 50 percent is made up of equal parts onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and cinnamon) liberally spread the seasoning over the fish and bake or broil till done. the sugar & spices will glaze the fish and it is awesome!

I also have to add that fresh caught trout over a fire streamside is also hard to beat

Comment

Walleye rolled in crushed up pretzels and fried is the best. Or bluegill about anyway.

Comment

crappie, bluegill, and bass. deep fried to a golden brown. mmm-mmm!

Comment

crappie, bluegill, and bass. deep fried to a golden brown. mmm-mmm!

Comment

Walleye, dipped in beer batter and deep fried, second best if catfish rolled in cornmeal and deep fried.

Comment

walleye cooked in butter with a touch of salt and pepper is good enough for me to be happy. but i think my favorite is rainbow trout smothered in butter with a touch of lemon.

Comment

Pompano, broiled with butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper and a sprinkling of paprika.

A close second is fried triggerfish, or would that be redfish in a New England style fish chowder?

Or, I could go to bayouwoof's house for some of that delectable speckled trout. ---Maybe some pan-seared cobia steaks. How about red snapper throats on the grill with hickory smoke and a tad of garlic?

I'm really not qualified to make these kind of decisions.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                                by fitch270
                                The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                                Today, 07:01 PM
                              • So is everyone ready for deer season
                                by Milldawg
                                With my hectic schedule between work and owning and operating another business now. My shooting and hunting for this year have been shelved. So I am going...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 AM
                              • Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                by 99explorer
                                Rumor has it that Trump will be bringing a bullhorn to the final debate tonight in Nashville, so he will not have to depend on an open microphone to be...
                                Today, 06:49 PM
                              • Debate #2: new rules
                                by FirstBubba
                                New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                                The "Biden Campaign"!...
                                10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                              • Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                by 99explorer
                                I just checked and there are currently 49 users online at the Outdoor Life site.
                                But no political topics in the "Other" forum.
                                We
                                Today, 06:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X