Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best bait to use to catch carp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best bait to use to catch carp?

What is the best bait to use to catch carp?

i have never fish for them with a rod and reel but i hear from those that do that caned corn or a small dough ball works well for them they say chum the area with caned corn as well .

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with cooner once again, canned corn and dough balls work well. You could also try buying dried corn or beans and soaking them in a 5 gallon bucket in the sun for a couple days and using that as chum.

Comment

lovetohunt,
        Carp will bite on dough bait but, if I really want them I'll put on some worm first and then tip the hook with a few pieces of canned corn. That's it. Some guys only use canned corn.

Comment

Agreed with cooner and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad