Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best bait/tactic to use to catch a single big carp that is owning my creek???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stick500
    replied
    if he's a common carp, throw some canned corn out as chum and then bait up a big hook all the way to the eye with more corn (the big strong chunky pieces)and hang on tight!!

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    Sounds like some good bowfishing.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Shoot him with your bow

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    Jbird,
    well he is not really owning it but he seems to be the big guy on campus. see, there are fallfish down there and i always get excited when i see them because they used to be the biggest fish i c down there. but when i was fishin for carppies in my creek i looked to my left to see a HUGE fish. at first it looked like a oversized goldfish but it was a big carp. so i tried, got a bite, got excited, and failed at the hookset. thanks guys im trying all of this today. i have a fish spear and plenty of bread. if i catch him i will be sure to post pix.

Leave a comment:

• jbird
    replied
    If it's a grass-carp then use a weapon, you'll waste hours trying to "catch" him. Try "chummin'". Get some cheap white-bread, break it into pieces and mash it into balls. Throw some handfulls of it out. Might take a time or two, but eventually he'll find it, and most likely love it. Now, get yourself a small treble hook, and mash some bread around it. Throw out some "chum", and your "hooked chum", and hold on! I don't "fish" for carp, but when the fishing's slow @ the boat dock, I've done this before out of boredom and hooked several. Have stout tackle though, a big carp will snap 10 lb. mono like string cheese, as I've personally found out. Good luck. I'm curious to know how the carp is "owning" your creek?

Leave a comment:

• huskerguy
    replied
    Or a spear.

Leave a comment:

• Hunter Savage
    replied
    a bow and with a fish arrow and reel

Leave a comment:

• what is the best bait/tactic to use to catch a single big carp that is owning my creek???

what is the best bait/tactic to use to catch a single big carp that is owning my creek???

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad