Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I live in North Dakota. I am looking for a fishing trip so i can get some bigger fish. All I fish in around here is a small dam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in North Dakota. I am looking for a fishing trip so i can get some bigger fish. All I fish in around here is a small dam

I live in North Dakota. I am looking for a fishing trip so i can get some bigger fish. All I fish in around here is a small dam river, and the biggest I have caught is a 34" Northern. I want more!! And it can be Pike, Muskie, Walleye, or Perch. I want bigger! Where can I go?

How about Lake Sakakawea or Devil’s Lake? Both are pretty famous for fishing and anglers from all over travel to N.D. to fish them.

Comment

How about Northern Minn?
      Or, come over to Lake Erie: Walleye, Perch and Bass. See video fish report.
      Happy fishing.

vimeo.com/74285903

Comment

I'd suggest northern Manitoba. My buddy and I each lost fish that were world record class up there and we've each caught several hundred northerns over 20 pounds and a few over 30 pounds. Walleyes were all under 10 pounds but you could catch them with nearly every cast once you located them.

We drove north of Winnepeg to Lac DuBonet and chartered a float plane to fly us to uncharted territory on the northern edges of Lake Sassiginigak. Pretty hard to beat as long as you don't get eaten by a bear or a wolf.

For a simpler adventure, fishing below the Missouri River dams in South Dakota works for me. You will see 20 pound salmon, 80 pound paddlefish, 15 pound northerns, 10 pound walleys, monster catfish, fat bass, 40 pound grass carp and lots of misc. fish. With a little luck many of them will be in YOUR boat! Drop a gold or orange FlickerShad with a 4 oz weight in the tailwaters and hang on!

Comment

The Missouri River is always a good option. I'm not sure how good it is this time of year but I would think come later in the fall you could do fairly well. I know in the spring it is really a hot spot down by Pierre, SD

Comment

Devils lake no question, my nephew consistently catches 30to 45 inchers. Good luck

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad