Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an awesome imitating minnow.. but I really hate triple hooking fish inside there mouth. Is there any way to swap out treb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    I always carry a good heavy pair of wire cutters and some extra treble hooks of your favorite size. When I hook a fish too deep with the trebles. I dimly cut the hook at the curve and pull the barb straight out. Leaving a small hole in the fish where the hook was. Then I just replace the treble hook and keep fishing.

Leave a comment:

• FISHEROFLIFE
    replied
    You could just leave them in because it might effect how the minnow moves but if you want to Im not against you I have that same problem some times

Leave a comment:

• MJAB723
    replied
    Okay! I 'll try pinching two barbs first. If that don't work I'll swap it out with a single.. I thought about cutting 2 hooks off but I was afraid the hook might be too small? Thanks you guys.

Leave a comment:

• mike0714
    replied
    or remove the barbs from 2 of the hooks

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    You could clip off two of the hooks on a treble with wire-cutters.

Leave a comment:

• habben97
    replied
    the treble hooks should be attached to the bait by little rings, like a miniature key chain. these hook on to little loops on the bottom of the bait. slide the treble hooks off the rings, just like a key chain, and then replace them with single hooks.

Leave a comment:

• I have an awesome imitating minnow.. but I really hate triple hooking fish inside there mouth. Is there any way to swap out treb

I have an awesome imitating minnow.. but I really hate triple hooking fish inside there mouth. Is there any way to swap out trebles with singles? Or do I just deal with it... asking for help. Or advice on this.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad