Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be the best Northern Pike lure to use for the Fall? And what size would you recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be the best Northern Pike lure to use for the Fall? And what size would you recommend?

What would be the best Northern Pike lure to use for the Fall? And what size would you recommend?

Try a red and white dare devil, about 3" long.

Comment

I've caught thousands on red/white daredevils and will second jhjimbo's advice. The size depends on where you are fishing. I usually use very large lures so the little hammer handles don't hit them and waste my time.

I once caught a northern that had a four pound walleye in its mouth and still hit an 8 inch daredevil. They eat big fish for a living and will hit pretty big lures. A three incher is good for lakes with fish up to 12 pounds. A six incher is good where fish go up to 20 pounds. If I am in a lake with 30+ pounders, I use the largest size daredevil they make. I highly recommend using genuine Daredevils. There is definitely something about their action. They catch about 10 times the fish of any other red/white spoon I've used.

Comment

The old 5 diamond Daredevil works well too!

Comment

That's good news. I usually am on a small dam river connected to a lake. And I find some really decent ones down there. I have been having way more luck with spoons, jointed minnows, and spinners..But I have definitely have to get me a big daredevil. Thanks!

Comment

Jerkbaits in the Fall. Big ones.

Comment

I don't know if your willing but live bait is hard to beat. Nice big sucker or a shiner on the edge of a deadline.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad