Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will be spending a lot of time in the Des Moines area the next couple of years and wondering if anyone has any advice for easi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be spending a lot of time in the Des Moines area the next couple of years and wondering if anyone has any advice for easi

I will be spending a lot of time in the Des Moines area the next couple of years and wondering if anyone has any advice for easily accessible fishing locations that don't require a boat of any variety? Looking on a map, it looked like there was a park or two in the southern part of the city, but not sure what fishing is like. I love bass fishing, and have fished a bit for walleyes, but any type of fishing I can do will be great. Thanks for any advice!

Try the spillway at Saylorville and the spillway at Big Creek. Big Creek also has fishing piers and jetties. Another spot would be Dale Maffitt reservoir on the SW corner of town. One last spot is the Scott Street damn on the DesMoines river.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
      by crm3006
      From # 1 Bubba- HEY!!! MOTORMOUTH!!!!
      Too chicken s#¡t to take my bet?

Yep, he is, # 1 Bubba. Just a Canajan phony with a hot keyboard...
      Today, 04:20 PM
    • Trump
      by Danbo
      https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
      04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
    • Reply to 16 Years
      by FirstBubba
      Ya know bhr!
      I think conservatives have figured out that "racist" and "sexist" are trigger words and liberals use them to shut...
      Today, 03:57 PM
    • 16 Years
      by jhjimbo
      So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
      Yesterday, 09:20 PM
    • Reply to 16 Years
      by FirstBubba
      "... I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals, fly...
      Today, 03:40 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X