Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well it finally happened on Saturday July 28 I caught my fist fish a one pound channel catfish. Glad to have that monkey off my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• santa
    replied
    I was so young when I caught my first fish sitting on a boat seat beside my father, that it was well before my conscience memories. I was still in three cornered pants at that time. But I do remember the first good size fish that I caught a few years later. It was a striped bass. My father took a picture of me with it and it made the local newspaper. I now use that picture as my Avatar and it is the one that brings back the first real memories of fishing with my father. Thus make sure you keep a record of that fish and always be proud of it because no other fish can claim the honor of being the first for the rest of your life.

The only down side to my memory of that striped bass catch for me was that I cried and begged my father to help me wind the fish in, but he made me do it myself. He only helped me lift the fish into the boat when I had tired both it and me down.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Congrats gator fan! That will be a great fish to eat too! I still remember my first fish well and I caught it in 1953. It is a great feeling to finally land one isn't it!

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    Congratulations! I caught my first fish 37 yrs ago and I can still see it clear as day in my head.
    I wish you many more.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    The first fish is a big event. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• gator fan 2017
    replied
    Good to know mspl8sdcntryboy

Leave a comment:

• mspl8sdcntryboy
    replied
    Congrats man! I am proud to welcome you to the "catfisher" club!
    This is what this site is all about... introducing everybody to the life of the outdoors and teaching them all we can.
    BTW one pound is a perfect eating size for catfish.

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Ah dunno.

Is a "fist fish" like a trouser trout?

Leave a comment:

• Well it finally happened on Saturday July 28 I caught my fist fish a one pound channel catfish. Glad to have that monkey off my

Well it finally happened on Saturday July 28 I caught my fist fish a one pound channel catfish. Glad to have that monkey off my back!

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad