Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys, me and my dad found a nice little lake for walleye here in the boundary waters on mn. problem is I don't have any good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, me and my dad found a nice little lake for walleye here in the boundary waters on mn. problem is I don't have any good

Hey guys, me and my dad found a nice little lake for walleye here in the boundary waters on mn. problem is I don't have any good lures. Im gonna start with some rapala lures. Im thinking the huskyjerk and the dt crank, and maybe the scatter rap minnow. I checked the dnr website and it said they caught plenty of yellow perch, but no Cisco, so do you think it be good if I got them in the yellow perch pattern, or should I be throwing something a little out there. I caught a couple 18 and 19 inched walleye on the silver patterned original jointed.

Can you use minnows there. If you can, take a trap with you and trap your own. Or for day trips just buy the BUT ONLY LOCALLY. Do not move any bait around. Last summer in Manitoba I did very well fishing with strips of beef heart on Berkley power grub. White worked very well but the water in the river was fairly murky.

Comment

I'd say the Flickershad would be good in that area... you didn't say whether you were fishing from a boat or from shore. Jigs trimmed with nightcrawlers or minnows will work well from shore as you can cast them out a bit. This time of year, you will probably have to get out to 30-40 feet of water most of the time. If the wind is blowing, run the Flickershad through the murky waters where windblown waves are racking the shoreline.

Comment

If you take nightcrawlers with you remember that they are an invasive species in the boreal forest. Yes, that's right! Nightcrawlers and worms are not natural species up there and they can be VERY hard on the environment. Don't throw them away. Not on land anyway. Toss them out in the middle of the lake if you don't want to take them back home.

Comment

Green glow jig,quarter to half oz. Tipped with fat head or small shiner Killer good luck

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
            by PigHunter
            I understand the reason someone would pick the heavier bullets. However, heavier bullets cause greater recoil and will affect recovery time and may result...
            Today, 02:16 PM
          • Cheaper Than Dirt
            by jhjimbo
            Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
            Today, 12:21 PM
          • Reply to 300 yard .22lr
            by fitch270
            I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
            Today, 01:40 PM
          • 300 yard .22lr
            by jhjimbo
            Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
            Today, 11:28 AM
          • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
            by jhjimbo
            I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
            Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X