Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im going to try asian carp. its supposedly a chinese delicacy and i like chinese food so whatever. ive read it doesnt taste bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im going to try asian carp. its supposedly a chinese delicacy and i like chinese food so whatever. ive read it doesnt taste bad

im going to try asian carp. its supposedly a chinese delicacy and i like chinese food so whatever. ive read it doesnt taste bad and somewhat similar to tilapia if you can get over the fact your eating carp. im going to fry it at first. anybody else ever ate or cooked it?? ill tell you what i think after i try it

Check youtube for "cleaning asian carp" that is published by the missouri department of conservation.

Comment

I had a cookoff with Asian Carp, Walleye, Red Snapper and Grouper. Deep fried with batter, several people chose the carp as the best; several chose the walleye as the best; most others could not diferentiate. I really could not tell the difference in side-by-side tasting. The Asian carp is nothing like the carp to which we are accustomed. The meat is white and firm much like the other fish I mentioned. You can see why Asains didn't want to quit eating it just because they moved to the U.S.

Comment

Carp has always been a main stay in middle Europe. It was a popular fresh water, pond raised fish in Germany. Also a main ingredient in Gefilte Fish along with Pike. Another dish is a Jellied Fish Teren. I forget the French name. Once you get over the Gold Fish face.

Comment

common carp is great smoked ok fried just to put it out there but i have had asian carp in the past it reminded me of crappie

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
            by 99explorer
            So tell us, blubber, is Kamala Harris a U.S. citizen or not?
            Yes or no.
            No speeches and no insults.
            Today, 09:36 PM
          • 16 Years
            by jhjimbo
            So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
            08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
          • Reply to 16 Years
            by FirstBubba
            Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            Back on topic, we see that misinformation about Harris's citizenship status is playing a major role in...
            Today, 09:29 PM
          • Reply to Gun safe
            by jhjimbo
            This is the F&S magazine site, not the Field and Stream store....
            Today, 09:05 PM
          • Gun safe
            by Swenthms
            Problem opening my gun safe
            Today, 08:58 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X