Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i just got a abu gracia ambassuer 5500c and gracia rod from 1976. it is in good condition and works perfect. was wonder what it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just got a abu gracia ambassuer 5500c and gracia rod from 1976. it is in good condition and works perfect. was wonder what it

i just got a abu gracia ambassuer 5500c and gracia rod from 1976. it is in good condition and works perfect. was wonder what it would be worth.

I don't know the current value, but i have the 5500C and really like it.

Comment

If you got the original box and all the paperwork with the reel and it looks to not be used or used very little, I would value it around 175 dollars, but without the box, about half of that. Now depending on the actual looks and condition of the reel such as wear on the paint and wear in the reel itself, which I would actually have to see to determine, a good working highly used reel would be anywhere from 14 to 60 dollars. If the rod was an original Garcia fiberglass rod with plain metal guides and the wrapping and handle were still in good condition, I would place it anywhere from 5 to 20 dollars. In the world of collecting vintage tackle, the original packaging is often worth as much or more as the product which came in it. Also condition plays a big part in collecting. Patina does not usually add anything to the value unless there is one heck of a good story to go along with it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad