Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know you have to line a spinning reel the same way it comes off the spool from what i have been told, can someone share a good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Good Link streack and + 1 for you!!!

Leave a comment:

• buck hunter 17
    replied
    i run the line down the guides and attach it to the spool and start to real in and when i have enough i cut the line of and tie a leiwer on.

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied
    This site will help you out.

http://www.bassfan.com/tips_article.asp?ID=196

It is important to remember that on a spinning outfit, you do not unwind the line off the spool by using a pencil, you will strip the line off the spool so it feeds out in the opposite direction the reel spool is winding.

Leave a comment:

• BuckTheSystem
    replied
    Put your spool on the ground and reel up a bit of line. stop reeling and let it slack up. If the line on the reel doesn't stay tight, flip the spool that is sitting onto it's other side. That'll do it.

Leave a comment:

• hunt_fish_sleep
    replied
    I'm not quite sure what you're talking about but here's what you do. Run the line from a spool of line down your guides and tie the end around the spool of your reel. Once you have done this, put a pencil through the center of your spool of line and have a partner hold the pencil and apply enough friction to the line spool to insure an even and uniform wind. Once you have wound the line to within an 1/8 of an inch of the lip of your spool, cut the line an tie on a lure. Keep tension on your line for several days so that it can develop memory. If you give the line any slack (especially with mono over 10 lb. test) it will fly off of the spool.

Leave a comment:

• I know you have to line a spinning reel the same way it comes off the spool from what i have been told, can someone share a good

I know you have to line a spinning reel the same way it comes off the spool from what i have been told, can someone share a good way of doing this?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to You guys are sleeping
    by FirstBubba
    I can definitely understand the "heir" side of things. The deed to the land we occupy was awarded in the last Oklahoma land rush* in 1904....
    Today, 07:13 PM
  • You guys are sleeping
    by fitch270
    Can’t believe I’m posting this first.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna17721
    06-23-2022, 11:54 AM
  • Reply to You guys are sleeping
    by 99explorer
    Many years ago in N.Y. state, if a concealed weapon license holder wished to add another gun to his list, he had to surrender his original license for...
    Today, 06:32 PM
  • Reply to Court Says.....
    by 99explorer
    There are quite a few places where concealed carry is restricted in every state, starting with court houses.
    Didn't you see "The Untouchables?"...
    Today, 06:19 PM
  • Court Says.....
    by jhjimbo
    Can not restrict concealed carry.
    Lawyer on TV says Court should look at history and tradition. If we did that we would be burning witches at the...
    Today, 01:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X