Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions on what kind of line I should use on my diawa millionaire 5x baitcaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions on what kind of line I should use on my diawa millionaire 5x baitcaster

Any suggestions on what kind of line I should use on my diawa millionaire 5x baitcaster

For me, I find a good quality (I prefer Trilene) 14lb/test mono to be an all around line.
    For saltwater, I'd probably use 20#/test braided.

Comment

What are you fishing for, and under what conditions?

Momoi Illusion in 12# test should cover nearly all situations unless you are trying to use the reel like a handline to winch fish in.

Comment

country road i fish for bass, channel cat, and whatever else I can catch but mainly those 2 and what do you mean by conditions (sorry for the lack of knowledge )

Comment

Stick to the main brands of trilene, stren, and suffix for monos. For bass fishing for plastics I use 8lb line on any bait caster, while if I'm fishing a drop shot rig or carolina rig for bass or catfish I am using 17 lb mono. If you're fishing in really heavy weeds you could consider getting 20 or 30lb braid, I personally prefer power pro for braids, with a good mono backing on the reel so that the spool doesnt get cut up, and a decent leader. It all just depends on how you want to fish. With Crankbaits you use light line so that it'll dive deeper, while with topwater you want to use like 20 so that its stiff enough for walking the dog. Good luck!

Comment

Just for grinns i counted the variety of lines offered in a Cabela's catalog. Not different weights, just different lines there were 62. Sounds like overkill.

Comment

I buy on price and try to keep fairly fresh line on my reels I have found Sufix 12# clear to fit most of my bass fishing needs, but I do use braids and a lot of 17# Trilene XL for worm fishing and saltwater fishing of specks and reds.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad