Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think about St. Croix rods? Is it worth the money? 1 or 2 piece rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think about St. Croix rods? Is it worth the money? 1 or 2 piece rod?

What do you guys think about St. Croix rods? Is it worth the money? 1 or 2 piece rod?

My only experience with St.Croix was borrowing a 9 foot 8 weight Imperial rod for steelhead. It was a nice rod, good action, balanced, and easy to cast. I'm guessing though you're asking about spinning rods. Here's my take on one piece rods. I've never been happy with them. I think years ago, there was a big difference between one and two piece rods but I don't notice the difference now. I have a 5 ft ultralight but even that length seems to be a pain to transport sometimes. If your thinking it will only go in a rod locker in a boat, a one piece might be fine but I prefer two piece.

Comment

I have fished with St Croix rods for about 20 years both flyrods and spinning,I can tell you they are worth every penny.I like one piece rods for spin fishing for durability and sensitivity.

Comment

I 6 foot 5 inch bass casting rod that I love! They are definitely worth the money. I have also extensively used lightweight crappie st. Croix rods that I love.
        If 7" of shorter I would go with a single piece. In my experience most decent sized cars and trucks fit one just fine. Most nice two pieces will work fine however I have had 2 types of malfunctions happen with a 2 piece rod.
        1- The two rod parts wont come apart
        2- If they are loose enough I have had the 2nd part come apart when I cast.
        Neither of these will happen with a one piece.

Comment

just like their slogan says "best rods on earth" All of my rods (spinning and fly) are St. Croix and I love them. They are 100% worth the money

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad