Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hooked a huge fish off chicken liver the other morning and i couldn't tell what it was but it was silver and had a long dorsal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hooked a huge fish off chicken liver the other morning and i couldn't tell what it was but it was silver and had a long dorsal

I hooked a huge fish off chicken liver the other morning and i couldn't tell what it was but it was silver and had a long dorsal fin i saw it because it jumped a couple of times. The fight this fish put up was crazy. I knew it wasn't a catfish because of the way it was jumping. I had Power pro 50lb braid and the line got bit. I saw the line was cut like kind of like the fish had teeth. I knew it wasn't a rock because this fish was staying on the surface. It was early in the morning. I was fishing the delaware river up by Delaware water gap. I thought the fish was a Striper but it wasn't because i saw the dorsal fin and it was nothing like a striper. I was fishing off the bottom in about 12feet of water. Can anyone tell me what kind of fish they think it was? Thanks.

The silver kinda throws me off but sounds like a bowfin or possibly a snakehead?

Comment

The Delaware River at the Water Gap area has huge muskellunge.
      I saw a guy land a monster muskie at the Worthington Campgrounds off of the Old Mine road.
      If your line broke and he was jumping you hooked into a big muskie.

Comment

Yeah i think it was a back fin i saw than.

Comment

@GERG
          I know there is Bowfin but not that many and i doubt it was a Snakehead. But i think Gary Devine is right.

Comment

That would explain the silver you saw. Muskies arent something that come to mind much in south AR. lol

Comment

Sounds like a carp to me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to More Bad News....
                by Amflyer
                Thanks for letting us know. There's no words. Sometimes I wonder if what's between humans and dogs may be the perfect bond, at least in this existence....
                Today, 10:26 AM
              • More Bad News....
                by WA Mtnhunter
                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
              • Reply to 16 Years
                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                "... not a racist except in that I support the white condition without being a nazi or white supremacy nut." So you are a racist, just not a...
                Today, 09:38 AM
              • 16 Years
                by jhjimbo
                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
              • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                by FirstBubba
                Yes sir, he is....
                Today, 07:49 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X