Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took the boat out at 5:30AM to go fishing today and had a GREAT DAY on the water. Didn’t catch a darn thing I and I couldn’t ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Rocky,
    I forgot to mention, I have a picture of my fish graph in my photo section.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I have fished Lake Erie overnight and find early in the AM the big 'eyes' are in 8-10' of water and have the bait fish cornered.
    Later on they start biting in deeper water about 9AM and I can usually get my limit in a few hours. Once the sun gets too high they hang in the thermocline or go to the bottom for the rest of the day.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    jhjimbo;

On lakes where pleasure boat traffic is so severe baitfish are pushed down when the speed boats and sail boats start. Where the baitfish go, the big fish follow. I find that very early morning in my best time. I try to start as close to first light as possible, this is when I catch the most. Often by 10AM its time to pack up and go home.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Rocky,
    Where do the fish bite at 5:30AM ?

Leave a comment:

• Greenhead
    replied
    I got a pair of polarized prescription glasses made over the internet. They were around $65, if I remember. I have had them for 3-4 years and wear them everytime I am outside. Well worth it to me. Shop around online, you won't believe how cheap you can get glasses. I got mine from 39dollarglasses.com.

Leave a comment:

• tleichty1989
    replied
    My dad got a pair from bass pro that worked pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Gander Mt,Bass Pro Shops have Polarized Fishing Glasses for eye Glass users. $26.oo-$36.oo

Leave a comment:

• RJ Arena
    replied
    Several over the counter sunglass manufacturers make polarized sunglasses that have a "cheater' seg in the bottom of the lens, short of prescription sunglasses, they work great.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Sorry, check out their vision center. That's where the good stuff is sold. And yes, most are polarized.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Walmart usually has quite a few assortments of good quality clip ons that will fit various different kinds of glasses. Check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Took the boat out at 5:30AM to go fishing today and had a GREAT DAY on the water. Didn’t catch a darn thing I and I couldn’t ca

Took the boat out at 5:30AM to go fishing today and had a GREAT DAY on the water. Didn’t catch a darn thing I and I couldn’t care less. My question: The wife picked up a pair of sunglasses at a flea market. You know the big ones people with eye disease are supposed to wear. They go right over your prescription glasses. The pair she gave me worked great. Didn’t have to change glasses see to tie a knot or untangle a line. But they weren’t polarized. That seems like a really great idea, polarized fishing glasses that go right over your prescription pair. Any one know of any and where they can be had?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    This week was especially heavy on rock songs. I also got stuck in the 80’s. I realized soon into it that by far most of my movie watching was from that...
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
    09-16-2021, 11:01 PM
  • Reply to Bust gun buying trip
    by fitch270
    Actually the show itself wasn’t too bad, it was the 5 hour round trip eating up the beautiful day that hurt. I come home from most of them empty handed...
    Yesterday, 11:41 PM
  • Bust gun buying trip
    by fitch270
    Headed to Syracuse Sunday for the big fall gun show. Had a pocket full of cash and was looking to spend it. Wanted a stainless .270, a synthetic 12 gauge...
    Yesterday, 09:41 PM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by Milldawg
    As a business owner and an employee rising wages are good and bad. As a business owner I lose profit that I can spend on things that actually drive the...
    Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X