Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took the boat out at 5:30AM to go fishing today and had a GREAT DAY on the water. Didn’t catch a darn thing I and I couldn’t ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the boat out at 5:30AM to go fishing today and had a GREAT DAY on the water. Didn’t catch a darn thing I and I couldn’t ca

Took the boat out at 5:30AM to go fishing today and had a GREAT DAY on the water. Didn’t catch a darn thing I and I couldn’t care less. My question: The wife picked up a pair of sunglasses at a flea market. You know the big ones people with eye disease are supposed to wear. They go right over your prescription glasses. The pair she gave me worked great. Didn’t have to change glasses see to tie a knot or untangle a line. But they weren’t polarized. That seems like a really great idea, polarized fishing glasses that go right over your prescription pair. Any one know of any and where they can be had?

Walmart usually has quite a few assortments of good quality clip ons that will fit various different kinds of glasses. Check it out.

Comment

Sorry, check out their vision center. That's where the good stuff is sold. And yes, most are polarized.

Comment

Several over the counter sunglass manufacturers make polarized sunglasses that have a "cheater' seg in the bottom of the lens, short of prescription sunglasses, they work great.

Comment

Gander Mt,Bass Pro Shops have Polarized Fishing Glasses for eye Glass users. $26.oo-$36.oo

Comment

My dad got a pair from bass pro that worked pretty well.

Comment

I got a pair of polarized prescription glasses made over the internet. They were around $65, if I remember. I have had them for 3-4 years and wear them everytime I am outside. Well worth it to me. Shop around online, you won't believe how cheap you can get glasses. I got mine from 39dollarglasses.com.

Comment

Rocky,
                Where do the fish bite at 5:30AM ?

Comment

jhjimbo;

On lakes where pleasure boat traffic is so severe baitfish are pushed down when the speed boats and sail boats start. Where the baitfish go, the big fish follow. I find that very early morning in my best time. I try to start as close to first light as possible, this is when I catch the most. Often by 10AM its time to pack up and go home.

Comment

I have fished Lake Erie overnight and find early in the AM the big 'eyes' are in 8-10' of water and have the bait fish cornered.
                    Later on they start biting in deeper water about 9AM and I can usually get my limit in a few hours. Once the sun gets too high they hang in the thermocline or go to the bottom for the rest of the day.

Comment

Rocky,
                      I forgot to mention, I have a picture of my fish graph in my photo section.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad