Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My girlfriend and I are from WI and are considering an August fishing trip to southern Ontario Canada. Are there any things to n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriend and I are from WI and are considering an August fishing trip to southern Ontario Canada. Are there any things to n

My girlfriend and I are from WI and are considering an August fishing trip to southern Ontario Canada. Are there any things to note like special regulations for fishing or bringing a boat into Canada?(we have passports) Also, does anyone know of a good walleye lake with a reasonable hotel nearby so we can just wake up walk to the boat and take off? We have never been to Canada before so any info is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi...

When I cris-crossed Canada fairly regularly, I always got a 'card' from my insurance company which gave satisfactory proof that my vehicle insurance met Canadian standards.

Don't know if it's still needed...best check with your carrier.

Comment

Don't bring any firearms, esp. handguns into Canada.

Comment

Take a lot of bug spray.

Comment

Come to Northern Ontario if you really want some good fishing without a lot of people. We have more water than land up here. Much more than Minnesota can boast of! I can fish a different lake every weekend for probably ten years within a 150 mile radius of my home. At LEAST ten years! Northerns, Walleye, smallies, lake trout, brook trout, and even a few rainbow. Take your pick.

Fishing season opens this weekend but most of the lakes in the bush are still full of ice if not frozen over. The spawning run is going to be late for walleye and I think that's really going to hurt the population this year. Usually it's at least half done by the time season opens. Good for fisherman but not so good for fish populations.

Comment

honker you are killing me!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad