Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know a well-run, guided trip for Northern Pike fishing in late May/early June for 3 people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know a well-run, guided trip for Northern Pike fishing in late May/early June for 3 people?

Does anyone know a well-run, guided trip for Northern Pike fishing in late May/early June for 3 people?

It's been a long time since I did this but you might research leaving on a float plane out of Loc Du Bonet Manitoba and flying north to Lake Sasiginigac (spelling). I've done that a couple of times in early June which is about 2 weeks after ice out near the Arctic Circle. We were dropped for a week of world trophy northern fishing. My buddy and I easily caught several hundred northerns over 20 pounds and have each lost world record class northerns that were just too big to get in the boat. I doubt that they are still that big up there because there has been lots more fishing pressure in recent years but I would sure recommend it if you can find out how to do it. We trolled the shoreline and bays with big muskie plugs and tossed the biggest Daredevils we could buy. We smashed down the barbs so we could release fish faster and found big fish all over checking the bays and shore structure for nesting grounds. That is the best time of the year in my opinion because the monsters come to the shore out of miles of deep water. I heartily recommend trying areas that no human has ever set foot if possible. On our best trip, we carried our own tent, food and canoe and dropped in virgin territory. We trolled big plugs behind the plane and finally settled on a spot where we nailed multiple 25 pound fish within 20 minutes of landing.

Comment

thank you!! any ideas for places in the US?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad